Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And I'm not even going to talk about Huet.

I got through today without crying, except after the intial news.

And now that I'm home, and thinking about it, fuck, there are the tears again.

It's not the same team anymore.

I don't care about Foote, I really don't, other than to wonder who'll get the C.

But fuck. Sergei. No. Just no. I knew he was going to be gone by the end of this season. But I didn't expect this.

It's not the team I fell in love with anymore. And it's so much worse than it was with the Oilers last season. At least for me.

I just want my Sergei back. I want Shelley back. I just want my team back.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I cried for Foote...I knew Feds was gone at the deadline, I'm happy we got Baby Ruth! HAHA

Skye-chan said...

I'll be honest...I laughed when I saw Foote, and then hoped that that meant Sergei was going to stay. But no, they traded our two veteran presences, and I think they gave up for this year. Sigh.

Bethany said...

We're playing really good hockey right now, let's hope we can keep it up and prove people wrong.