Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sports math: Hockey > School

I deemed ten minutes before I had to run to school an appropriate time to write about hockey huzzah! Sabres didn't play last night but it should be noted that our captain is slated to come back in the Avs match up tonight. I think we should be pretty solid for this game with him back with the way the rookies have been performing. And his return also means we can send the ones that haven't been performing as much back down. I'm looking at you Mike.

There's also been lots of discussion over whether or not Ruff may just keep Stafford for the rest of this season and post. I for one think he has more than earned that place. To be honest I thought he felt like a full fledged Sabre long ago. I wouldn't even argue with Macarthur getting the same honor too if chance allows. Anyway in a rare display of guessing scores I predict 4-2 Buffalo tonight. Go Slugs!

In other news a lot of chance victories took place last night. I frighted the dog in my cussing over the Wings Nashville game not because I wanted the latter to win but because I really wanted the Wings to win regulation and I don't want that often! A repeat of this scene also took place as I audibly squee'd over the New Jersey Flyers game. Lowly Philly taking down the top team in the division is good for everyone in spite of the fact that the Devils still get a point. But it's good for the Pens on the off chance that they decide to try and play well enough to take them on again (speaking of which quite nervous about their match on Thursday and the win over Ottawa is huge to give them some insurance) and it's good for the Sabres if we want to clinch top of the division (hey we're not out of the woods yet).

Most importantly of all Biron made and absolutely disgusting save on Langenbrunner with his leg while he was on the ground. It was so lucky and smart at the same time and he got a standing ovation from his first night in his new city so of course that makes me even happier. I also kind of need to point out Scottie Upshall could this kid have been any better of an acquisition? No it's already quite clear that I don't like Nashville so it's not like I'm noticing him for that either but I swear in the every game I've been paying attention to Philly this kid has been putting up points. Where as Foppa has about three points and is now currently off searching for the newest trend in breakfast foods. By the end of this season Upshall will probably match what Forsberg did in Philly. Gagne's OT goal also made me far more happy than I should ever allow myself to be in the face of this team.

So all and all with the except of the st. Louis game, hockey was a fairly happy thing last night.

And because breakfast foods were mentioned can I please just say how much I don't really care for Joe Thorton one way or another, not to say I dislike him either, but every single time the league does something with him and his damn toast I just DIE truly and completely. I with they would put that commercial up now plzkthnx. Or maybe they shouldn't or I might watch it on repeat for the rest of my life XD;

No comments: