Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's so good I had to write something.

Hockey is seriously an uplifter right now just when I thought I might have to lament a really pathetic loss.

I have not heard or seen Buffalo this riled up in quite some time and with good reason. Setting the scene it is 3-2 Boston. Buffalo recently scored on on a two man advantage with five foreward in a fashion I feel like I should be upset to see anyone but the Oilers do! Buffalo is still on the power play with less than a minute left in the period when little Briere is set up for a gorgeous clear shot. Thomas however made a save that was as ridiculous as one made by us in the last Boston game. Right off the fat end of the stick. It was kind of surreal but rather dissapointing too.

However play continued to the end of the period and the teams started to head out but because there was no stopping after that save they only just started reviewing it then. Replays show that the puck was clearly over the line when it was deflected. Cue Danny slowly meandering over to the refs who are on the phone and waiting like a little kid who's just been promised a boat load of candy. I can't get through this without saying it was all kinds of adorable. I think before the call was even made Lindy had the whole team back out on the bench to support Briere. After the fact it must have taken Boston at least five minutes to do the same. The refs were getting pissed and purportedly threatened a delay of game. I mean I'm sure no would want to have to come back after being informed that their game had in fact been tied up when they thought they were safe but seriously? Just get it over with! It's not like it was end of game which would really suck. But you could see how upset they were in the short replay that ensued playing so halfhearted. Still I'm happy to see how interesting this game is shaping up to be.

As a slight downer Kotalik is now out for the rest of this game and that could have serious repercussions if he ends up going the way of so many other Sabres, being a strong player for us and potential trade fodder. The less we can use other people the more trading Marty will be a possibility and I don't think I could stand for that this season. Stafford also took a nasty fall and I think you could hear my swearing throughout the western half of the state because he only just started again (after getting a goal in the first too! The kid's a tank) and that's not only bad for Buffalo but Rochester too! While I'm happy that Rochester has so many good players for Buffalo to rely on when they need them it's stuff like this that really hurt Rochester in their own endeavours for the Calder cup. Of course I'd like to see both teams do as well as possible.

So now Boston seems to be agitated about that call and it's showing~ Maybe another scruff or two is in order.

And as if the game wasn't good enough already. MARTY ON MIC TONIGHT! Oh it's better than Christmas!

Edit: Peters shoulder injury too? Fucking hell.

No comments: