Friday, February 16, 2007

What was that I said about injuries?

I do believe Buffalo's count is now six or something. Oh the game yesterday was fun enough though I thought both teams seemed a little sluggish but at the same time they both played well too if that makes sense. The skating and players were clean but what happened to scoring goals or at least shots on goal? I was surprised to see the later was as high as it was at the end of the game. There were a few good Roli saves that even happened down in my end that I was happy for though and I swear half the time I was watching him instead of the guys playing at the other end of the ice. And seeing him and Jussi play in succession during warm up really makes their difference in goal style obvious as if it already wasn't before but it's enough to prove a point. Also Hemmer during the anthems? Really adorable because he would not stop fidgeting! Like drifting back and forth between the bench and the line of players. It was great getting to see them once and I only wish I could see them again... but I have a feeling attempting to go anywhere next week would be a world of not intelligent after the trouble I had this week. That and I'm sure tickets to a Detroit game are about as easy to come by as those to Toronto at the begining of the season. But alas it would be really nice.

But all this is not what I came here to talk about! Because there is a crisis at hand. Yesterday Jiri Novotny went down right near us and purportedly injured his ankle though I haven't seen a specific time frame for how long he's expected to be out. I've also seen reports that Maxim is out for six weeks too though I can't for the life of me figure out when that one happened with him. He actually showed up for the game yesterday and then he has to go out like this! Connolly was also slated to start again but he relapsed so we really are suffering play off syndrome with forewards instead of defense now though it might as well be reminded that defense is still suffering too! I would like to be the first to salute Mr. Stafford and co as they ship out on the USSBuffaslug sooner or later.

Randomly... has anyone else noticed that when looking up players on yahoo they are stuck about a decade or two in the past? Czechoslovakia? Really?

1 comment:

Steph said...

Afinogenov "fell awkwardly" (um, what? Good job.) in the second period and broke his scaphoid. Six weeks is the general expected recovery time for that sort of injury - but it's his shooting hand, too, and everything I've seen expects him gone until the postseason.

As far as Novotny it was an aggravation of an earlier high left ankle sprain, which you have Matt Greene (not useless after all! In a way!) to thank for.

I think yahoo keeps Czechoslovakia for players who were born when it was still? Don't quote me though.

I want Hemmer's hair back. If he cuts it again between Friday and April I'll cry.