Saturday, February 3, 2007

Nikolai Zherdev, this is me smacking you for being retarded.

So, we've finally gotten a clue on why Nikolai Zherdev has been playing so badly for the Jackets.
---------------------------
Flagging Zherdev to undergo tests.

"Is it (mononucleosis)? Is it a virus? I’m not a doctor, but something is wrong here," MacLean said.

Part of the problem is that Zherdev did not fully divulge his symptoms to Blue Jackets coaches or the training staff.

Hitchcock made him a healthy scratch Jan. 19 against Detroit, saying he wasn’t pleased with Zherdev’s effort in recent games.

Turns out, Zherdev has had no energy.
-------------------------------------

Nikolai, I love you to death, but this is me smacking you for not telling anyone. How stupid can one person be? If it really is mono, things could have gotten so much worse than him just not having any energy. His spleen could have ruptured, and any number of other things.

My brain is telling me to make a retarded joke here, but I'm going to resist.

What in God's name posessed him to not TELL anyone? If he was having trouble not being able to articulate it (we all know he's still having trouble with English), he's got Sergei Fedorov, Alexandre Svitov, and now assistant coach Gary Agnew, who's leanring a little bit of Russian, that he could have told in Russian.

Just ugh.

In other news, the Penguins won (I am not proud of Jordan Staal's goal, oh no I'm not.) over the Capitals with a score of 2-0, and the Oil won over Avs with a score of 3-2. Props to Ales Hemsky and Ryan Smyth for their goals. And major props to Dwayne Roloson for getting first star. The Islanders beat the Habs with a score of 4-2.

There's still several games left to be played tonight, and I'm hoping Appy will provide a review of the Oil game, as she watched it.

So, I think that's it for me for now! Go Jackets! ♥

1 comment:

'Drea said...

Awwww little Staal

(yeah I just needed something to comment on apparently XD;)