Saturday, February 3, 2007

Welcome to OMWORAO.

Wow, is that a mouthful.

Anyways. Welcome! I'm Skye, and this is "Of Magic Wands, Oil Rigs, and Octopi", a hockey blog. This was started because I apparently posted too much about hockey in my LiveJournal, so I decided to get my LiveJournal friends-list a break, and start this. I tend to be a little spazzy when it comes to hockey, but I'll try to keep that in check here.

A little about me. I'm a 18 year old, first-year hockey fan from a little hick town in Ohio, and I follow the Columbus Blue Jackets. I live, breathe, eat, and dream them. I also follow the Edmonton Oilers and the Boston Bruins. ...And the Detroit Red Wings, but you never heard me say that, because I'm a good Ohio girl, and don't root for any team from Michigan. . . .

So far, there's two other authors, and they are: Steph, though I call her Appy, and then there's Nyne, who says she'll post after the Super Bowl to introduce herself. XD

I'd start off with a post about last night's Columbus/Calgary game, but as I'm still rather disgusted with my team, I don't want to ruin the brand new blog with me ranting and raving about how crappy they played. Let's just say that I'm not pleased with a score of 6-2.

And I really hope Nikolai Zherdev gets well enough so that he can play consistently again, because jeeze, after all that sickening talk about trading him that was FINALLY squashed by MacLean, the kid needs to get back out on the ice, and wow everybody. He really needs it. Here's to hoping he's better by Tuesday and can start.

So, I think I'll leave you with that. And again, welcome!

1 comment:

Nyne said...

First comment FTW. And Go Lightning. :D

I'm glad for you guys, because I've been slacking like a mofo on hockey news!

PS: If you don't know me, I'm http://saishuu.livejournal.com, or the entity known to Skye as: Aaaaaailllaaaaaaa=muuuuuun! ^_^