Thursday, February 15, 2007

This is a long time coming.

So over the past week I had a lot to say but due to the fact that certain other organizations known as school are trying to rape me I have been hard pressed to actually sit down and try to write anything intelligent and now it's pretty much way after the fact on anything I might have said so here have so tasteful bullets (but not tasty god I'm hungry and lacking rice crispies -_-)
  • The Pens are on a roll (or they were last time I was a part of this good earth) and have since over taken the cheese-eaters (see: French) and are now seated nicely at fourth in the conference. While it would be nice to say that put them in a good position for the play-offs they are only separated from the other teams by mere fractions of points. Still I'm happy for them because if they are forced out by their parents to find work in greener plains (actually I think Kansas is pretty brown right?) it'd be nice to say fuck you with a good cup run before that happens. Taking top of the division next? I can dream and lately dreams have been coming true!
  • Trade rumours in Buffalo. The majority of what I've heard that seem to have any weight are for Kotalik and Biron. The former would make me sad but he's just in the right place for some good trade leverage so he could be used in a lot of smart ways without losing too much sadly. And anyone who's actually reading this knows how I feel about Marty and his freakishly ice blue eyes and his neverending strings of hilarity. However the bigger issue of this trade is not who wants him or where he'd go but whether or not Darcy is gonna let him go. On one hand he's too expensive as a back up and there's no doubt in my mind that after this season he will go even if free agency weren't happening but for now he's provided good issurance and for a goalie that isn't starting he is damn good when he does get on the ice even after so much time. The whole team knows that and the whole team knows that he's saved their ass from falling a few steps on the ladder more than a few times. Miller has even stated he knows it's okay to let Lindy know when he's not feeling right enough to play because they have someone else who is just as good to rely on. The whole team benefits from knowing that while their defense may be in shoddy shape and sometimes they forget how to shoot the puck at least their goal situation will always be in top form and that's a confidence that can go a long way in a deep cup run. For now I think he stays. When he leaves I'll be sad but I will follow him where ever he goes because how can you not after almost ten great years of quality benchside talk. As another plus I think instead of shopping around for a back up the sabres also have a pretty good shot with Dennis down in the Amerks and I'll be glad to see him wearing blue and gold.
  • Short bullet but St. Louis has also been doing fairly well for themselves and I'm quite happy for them though there was a scare during the Wings game were Legace got kneed in the head and ended up pulling himself from the game but he's back in the game now thankfully. Steph did real good recap at NPI (God that was like a week ago -_-) but it's safe to say that we stand far away and on opposite sides of the fence over the outcome. They also came out on top of the Jackets and Skye was telling me about how no one from their defense saw it fit to cover Guerin. You'd think a guy who scores a hat trick on San Jose might be someone you should watch for but maybe that's just me.
  • On the topic of injuries the Sabres just can't seem to get enough of them! It's like the play-offs all over again (though hopefully like Lindy says, they're getting them out of the way now) But I swear Spacek seriously can't step out onto the ice for more than two minutes without breaking something else and Gaustad! Back in the Sens game during collision, he caught Heatleys skate with his leg. Though the initial diagnosis said it wasn't serious a follow up revealed that tendons had been severed in his leg and that he would likely be out for the rest of the season unless the Sabres make deep into the play offs. And he's really really lucky. Here's hoping for the best for the guy because while he may not have been one to put major points up he was a strong presense and good at making plays for the team and I'm sure they're feeling the loss.
  • The Blue Jackets sent ickle Ty back down to Syracuse. Oh! I would live little more than an hour away from that fair (dump) of a city. I can't wait! Expect AHL spam from time to time! (Yes noting that was worth a bullet)
So that's all I can come up with for today but it is important to note that in an hour I will be heading out to the fair (dump) of a city of Buffalo (for the record I reside in Rochester and actually enjoy the city itself... just not the living here instead of Toronto... but at least I can actually stand a chance to see a hockey game here!). It is there that I will catch their one and only game against the Edmonton Oilers. The inner turmoil of who to cheer for is far to great but I'm sure a cry go GOILERSLUGS might happen once or twice. Now to go locate that jersey.

2 comments:

Steph said...

.....are you really wearing the Hasek jersey?

'Drea said...

Names can be changed and numbers can be lied about! And it's the best I can do until I have a pretty blue one which I do believe are now backordered for 2.3 years now? Factual numbers there.